Ignacio is a finance lawyer who acts for international and local banks, investment firms, corporates and funds on a broad range of cross-border financing transactions and financial regulatory issues.
His experience includes advising on the arrangement of international debt programmes and bods issues, corporate and real estate financing, margin loans and all kinds of Spanish law guarantees and security, the purchase of debt portfolios and single loans and on a number of restructurings and insolvencies.
Ignacio also advises on the provision of cross-border financial services, investment in regulated entities, share disclosure and short selling rules and market conduct issues.
- Recent Work
- advising the arranger on the set up of EMTN programmes listed in Ireland for Acciona or Iberia and the issue of notes under those programmes
- advising the arranger on the set up of ECP programmes listed in Ireland for several Spanish corporates, including Enagas, Red Electrica, Acciona or OHL
- advising a US distressed debt fund on the acquisition from a Spanish saving bank of a portfolio comprising more than 150,000 unsecured loans
- advising the Spanish Debt Guarantee Fund (FGD) in the restructuring of the EUR 200m debt and subsequent winding up of a real estate company controlled by a Spanish savings bank intervened by the FGD.
- advising a US distressed debt fund on a binding process and subsequent acquisition of a portfolio of 500 mortgage loans and 700 REOs and setting-up a Spanish holdco for REOs
- advising a variety of financial services firms on major shareholding and short position disclosure requirements in Spain, applicable disclosure requirements under the Spanish takeover rules and on compliance with short selling restrictions and trading prohibitions
- advising several financial services firms on restrictions and authorisation proceeding for investing in Spanish regulated sectors, including financial, energy, etc.
Ignacio joined Simmons & Simmons in 2004. He has been seconded to the banking group of the London office and to the capital markets legal department of RBS in London.