Helen is a partner in the UK Real Estate Finance practice. She specialises in all aspects of UK and European real estate financings and advises both lenders and borrowers across the spectrum of senior, mezzanine and equity structures. Helen’s unique understanding of clients' perspectives is drawn from her secondments to investment banks and funds, including with the largest global real estate private equity firm in 2014 and with a leading global investment bank in 2017/18.
- Recent Work
- advising a German lender on a €45m mezzanine facility secured on French designer retail outlet centres
- advising a leading European investment bank on a facility secured on two Central London mixed use properties
- advising a German lender on participations in a number of UK and European real estate financings
- advising a leading European logistics fund on the financings of several UK logistics portfolios
- advising a real estate fund on the £560m acquisition of one of London’s largest office buildings, involving the repayment of distressed securitised debt and new senior and listed mezzanine debt
- advising a real estate lender on the refinancing of a French office building following completion of French sauvegarde proceedings
- advising a real estate fund on a £400m facility to finance a mixed use development in London’s West End.
Helen joined Simmons & Simmons as a partner in 2017. She is based in London in the Simmons & Simmons banking group which forms part of the financial markets department.
Helen trained at another leading international law firm and qualified in its finance division in London in 2004, specialising in real estate finance. She has spent time on secondment in Hong Kong, Amsterdam and Moscow and has also been seconded to investment bank and fund clients. In 2014, Helen spent eight months on secondment with Blackstone in London. Most recently, Helen was seconded to a leading global investment bank from July 2017 - January 2018.