Hazel is an investment fund specialist focusing on the structuring of UCITS and AIFs for a wide variety of asset managers, investment banks and private equity managers pursuing a broad range of investment policies and mandates.
Hazel has extensive experience in advising those funds, their management companies, directors and service providers on their operations in Ireland and their regulatory, compliance and corporate governance requirements.
- Recent Work
- advising a large US investment manager on its Irish domiciled UCITS focusing on fixed-income and equity strategies. Also advising on the establishment of a UCITS management company for this manager
- advising a UK ETF manager in respect of its Irish ETF products
- advising a global alternative investment fund manager on the establishment of an Irish regulated AIF investing in distress debt using subsidiary vehicles
- advising a global asset manager in respect of its Irish UCITS and AIF platforms
- advising a large hedge fund manager based in Hong Kong in respect of its Irish UCITS
- advising a large UK investment bank on the eligibility of its proprietary financial indices under the UCITS regime
- advising service providers such as depositaries, administrators, AIFMs and UCITS managers on Irish law and regulation.
Hazel joined Simmons & Simmons in 2018 from a large Irish law firm.
Between 2013 and 2015, Hazel spent two years working in the office of a multi-jurisdictional law firm headquartered in the Cayman Islands, where she practiced Irish law.
Hazel has also been seconded to an ETF asset manager in London and has previously worked for an Irish depositary and administrator.