Giles is a partner in the Corporate Group in London. He advises clients principally in the technology, media and telecommunications and the asset management sectors.
Giles has extensive experience of all types of corporate transactions and corporate finance, including public and private mergers and acquisitions and equity offerings, joint ventures and reorganisations, as well as in providing general corporate and corporate governance advice.
- Recent Work
- advising HMV Group plc on various transactions including the acquisition of 50% of 7digital, its 2011 refinancing, its sale of Waterstones to A&NN Capital Fund Management and the disposal of HMV Canada
- advising Anite plc on various transactions including the disposal of its public sector business to Northgate Information Services and the acquisition of the Nemo Network Test business unit from Elektrobit Group plc
- advising GKN plc on its £140m acquisition of Airbus's UK manufacturing operations
- advising ED&F Man in connection with the acquisition by Südzucker AG Mannheim/Ochsenfurt of a 25% stake in the company
- advising the members of Lucidus Capital Partners LLP, the hedge fund manager, on the sale of a stake in the partnership to Asset Management Finance LLC.
Giles joined Simmons & Simmons in 1994 and became a partner in 2005. He has worked in our London and Hong Kong offices, and in 2002/3 was seconded to Cadbury Schweppes plc as Acting Group Legal Director.