Gideon is a partner in the Corporate group in London and co-head of the firm's International private equity sub-sector. He specialises in advice to the private equity, asset management and financial institutions sectors. Gideon also has significant experience in other sectors, including real estate, life sciences, TMT and the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Gideon advises on a wide range of corporate transactions, including M&A, equity financing, joint ventures and general company law, very often with a cross border element. He has led some of the firm's most high profile transactions.
- Recent Work
- advising AnaCap Financial Partners LLP on its: acquisition of Cabot Financial from Citigroup Capital UK Limited, its subsequent integration with the Apex Group and related financing; management buyout of the IFG International Division from IFG Group Plc; acquisition of a pan-European finance leasing business from NYSE listed CIT Group Inc
- advising Blackstone and AnaCap Financial Partners LLP as joint bidders for the RBS Rainbow business
- advising Brookfield Asset Management on a number of cross-border M&A transactions and JV arrangements
- advising Oak Investment Partners on a number of transactions, including the MBO and subsequent sale of iTouch to Buongiorno and its growth capital investments into Plastic Logic Limited and Wonga.com
- advising a leading private equity house on a dual track auction sale process
- advising a London based hedge fund on the sale of a 19.99% interest in its management entities and on subsequent secondary sales
- advising Barclays on a number of M&A transactions
- advising a number of leading private equity firms, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds such as Catterton Partners, Meritech Capital Partners, Jefferies Capital Partners, Baring Vostock Capital Partners, Celtic Pharma, APG, NBIM and GIC on investments, acquisitions and divestments.
Gideon trained at Simmons & Simmons and qualified into the Corporate group in 1999. He became a partner in 2008. Gideon spent time on secondment to Barclays Bank plc in 2003/04 working in the M&A legal team.
Gideon is a regular speaker at client events and seminars and external events such as the European SuperReturn Conference and the BVCA Summit.
Gideon is a member of the BVCA and is recognised in Legal 500 2013 as "responsive and knowledgeable...handles complex technical issues with an effective, commercial approach" and in Legal 500 2014 as “a very switched-on, creative and commercial lawyer”.
In 2015 his team advising Catterton Partners was named as cross border Private Equity team of the year at the New York M&A Advisory Awards and in 2012 his team acting for AnaCap was nominated for Private Equity team of the year by Legal Business