Eric has extensive experience in international M&A, projects and project finance, energy and infrastructure projects. Eric has worked extensively with Chinese and international clients and has deep experience advising on China outbound investment and China inbound investment matters. He was previously a senior associate at a Magic Circle firm, having worked in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai and London.
- Recent Work
- advising Shell on the Huizhou Phase 2 Petrochemical Project in Guangdong, China, a US$10bn dollar petrochemical project in joint venture with China National Offshore Oil Corporation
- advising Gangtai Group Corporation Limited on the acquisition of Buccellati Holding Italia S.p.A., a prestigious Italian luxury jewellery brand with close to 100 years of history
- advising Sinopec Corp for the acquisition of Block 18 oil field offshore Angola for US$2.46bn
- advising Kuwait Petroleum on the development of a world-scale integrated petrochemical projects in the Guangdong, China
- advising the mandated lead arrangers and export credit agencies on the financing of the US$10bn Saudi Kayan integrated refinery project developed by SABIC in Saudi Arabia
- advising the sponsors (CNOOC and Shell) and the project company in financing and subsequent refinancing of the US$4.5bn Nanhai petrochemical project. This was the largest foreign investment project in China and the largest private sector project finance in Asia at the time
- advising Shenhua Group on a number of mining acquisition projects in Mongolia and Russia
- advising Jinbei Auto on its first overseas acquisition through setting up a joint venture in Russia for the production of light duty trucks.
Eric joined Simmons & Simmons in May 2011. He heads our Beijing Office and is a partner of the Corporate & Commercial practice.
Eric is a qualified lawyer in the PRC and is admitted to practice in England and Wales and New York. He is fluent in English and Mandarin and is a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN). Since 2013 Eric ranked as a leading M&A lawyer by the IFLR 1000.