Emilien specialises in Financial Markets having developed expertise in financial services, asset management, banking and insurance regulations and having developed an industry focus, which flows from regulatory expertise, in the FinTech industry (including blockchain and crypto assets matters). He advises a wide range of financial actors such as investment services providers, banks, insurance companies, crowdfunding platforms and FinTechs.
Co-founder since 2016 of the blockchain working group of Simmons & Simmons LLP, Paris which aims to continually develop multidisciplinary legal expertise to advise companies and institutions in Simmons & Simmons’ 4 key sectors: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences, Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) as well as in the energy, infrastructure and transportation sectors.
- Recent Work
- advising several investment firms on the development of their activities in France, including their authorisation process with the ACPR and the AMF
- advising several insurance companies on their post-Brexit structuring and with compliance with Solvability2 and IDD
- advising numerous financial services providers on compliance with French regulations, including France’s implementation of MiFID2, PRIIPs, BMR, CRD4, AIFM, UCITS5, etc.
- advising FinTechs on compliance with PSD2 and AMLD and obtaining ACPR exemptions or ORIAS registrations
- working groups on several EU Directive implementation works.
Emilien is a French lawyer, admitted to the Paris Bar in 2011. He joined Simmons & Simmons in 2011 having previously worked for various law firms and investment firms.