Elmar focuses in particular on the preparation of financial statements, cash-basis accounting and tax returns for domestic and foreign corporations and partnerships and individuals. He also assists in the development and realisation of national and international restructuring matters.
- Recent Work
- advising an UK investment corporation on international restructurings matters
- advising a German family office on investment tax related questions
- assistance for German closed end funds in fulfilling their tax declaration duties
- advising on secondary market transactions in relation to German closed end funds
- advising various corporations on the preparation of financial statements
- advising a major investment bank in the context of international restructurings
- advising a UK investment fund on real estate transactions.
After finishing his studies in business administration at Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg in 2003, Elmar was admitted as a qualified tax advisor (Steuerberater) in 2007. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons in May 2012, he worked at another major international law firm for several years.