David Van Gaever
Providing advice on banking matters, including amongst other, syndicated loans, asset finance, leveraged acquisition finance, refinancing and restructuring transactions.
Providing advice on capital markets matters, including amongst other, MTN programmes, securitisation transactions, fiduciary notes programmes, (high yield) bond and notes issuances and listings on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
Providing advice on specific regulatory matters.
- Recent Work
- advising a major bank on the set up of a multi-issuer secured obligation programme
- advising a major bank on the set up of a fiduciary notes programme
- advising a global asset management firm on the financing of private equity acquisitions
- advising on issues of (high yield) bonds and notes under MTN programmes and listings on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and Euro MTF market
- advising on cross-border banking matters involving security packages.
David is a supervising associate working in particular with banking and capital markets transactions. Before joining Simmons & Simmons in the Luxembourg office, David worked at another leading international law firm.
David holds a Bachelor’s degree in Law & Economics from the Catholic University of Brussels - Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium) and a Master’s degree in Law from the Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium). David also holds an LL.M degree from the European Law School from Maastricht University (the Netherlands).
David speaks English, French, Dutch and Luxembourgish.