Dan is a supervising associate in the UK Corporate Group. He provides advice across all of the Firm’s sectors on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and corporate governance matters. He is part of the Firm's international FinTech Team.
- Recent Work
- part of a multi-specialist group that advised the World Economic Forum on the establishment of a $1bn 10 year collaborative investment fund by several members of the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative designed to tackle climate change on a global scale
- advised HM Treasury on the creation of UK Government Investments Limited, which involved bringing together under a single holding company the two bodies that manage most of the taxpayer stakes in businesses across the economy; the Shareholder Executive and UK Financial Investments
- advised Fortune 500 company Avery Dennison Corporation on its investment into PragmatIC Printing Limited in an £18m funding round alongside ARM Technology Investments, Cambridge Innovation Capital and other investors
- advised Social Finance UK on the world’s first social impact bond on mental health and employment as part of its Health and Employment Partnerships programme
- advised a world leading banking and financial services organisation on an equity investment in a FinTech start up
- advised the listed German retailer Metro AG on its equity investment in UK FinTech Yoyo Wallet
- advised on a FinTech mobile wallet joint venture to be developed by 16 banks in the UAE
- advised UK FinTech LifeScale on its equity fundraise.
Dan joined Simmons & Simmons in 2014 and is based in the Bristol office.