Damian is a partner in the corporate and commercial group in Singapore. He has almost 20 years’ of transactional experience in Southeast Asia, advising companies and private investment funds on cross-border investments, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestments.
He advises venture capital, private equity and infrastructure funds, family offices and international organisations in relation to greenfield, early stage and growth capital investments, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions, across a range of sectors.
Damian is closely involved with fintech clients and the firm’s initiatives in this sector, which he coordinates for Southeast Asia.
He has 15 years' of experience advising clients on corporate and commercial transactions in the maritime and offshore energy sectors in particular, as well as international commodities trading houses on corporate transactions and commodities sale and purchase agreements.
- Recent Work
- advising Openspace Ventures on Series A investments and follow-on financings into SAAS company TradeGecko, online fashion house Love, Bonito, online food delivery company Grain, e-classifieds business Jualo and affordable clothing business Sale Stock, amongst others
- advising a substantial European family office on an initial investment in a greenfield acquisition platform in the education sector and follow-on investments in connection with the acquisition of various education businesses
- advising SIG on pre-Series A convertible loan financings into each of debt collection management company AsiaCollect and consumer credit company Asia Kredit
- advising Resonance Asset Management in connection with the proposed acquisition of a majority interest in the indirect owner of industrial waste water concessions in China
- advising Brookfield Global Infrastructure Advisor on a proposed investment in and creation of a joint venture with a major mining company for the purpose of acquiring a fleet of five ore carrying vessels to be operated under a 25-year contract of affreightment
- advising Twinza Oil on various aspects of the development of its Pasca A gas condensate field, offshore Papua New Guinea
- advising Solenis International on an acquisition of the assets and distribution business of Connell Bros. Company in various jurisdictions in Southeast Asia
- advising Yinson Holdings on the divestment to a consortium of Japanese companies led by Sumitomo Corporation of a 26% stake in the owner of an FPSO operating offshore Ghana.
Damian joined Simmons & Simmons in 2013 as a partner in the Singapore office. He was previously a partner in another international law firm in Singapore, where he has been based since 2000.