Damian is a corporate partner who specialises in advising companies and funds on cross-border investments, M&A, joint ventures and commercial transactions, with particular experience in the mining, oil & gas, shipping and offshore energy sectors. He also has substantial experience advising commodities traders in relation to a range of transactions involving physical commodities. Damian has been based in Singapore since 2000.
- Recent Work
- the manager of a venture capital fund on various Series “A” investment transactions in relation to businesses engaged in food delivery, e-commerce, online fashion retail and cloud-based inventory management software-as-a-service
- a global infrastructure investor on its proposed investment in a joint venture with a major mining company for the purpose of acquiring a fleet of five ore carrying vessels to be operated under a 25-year contract of affreightment
- Guggenheim Partners in connection with marketing restrictions and trading regulations in various jurisdictions in SE Asia
- GoldenTree Asset Management in connection with its expansion and establishment in Asia
- Warwick Capital Partners LLP and Farallon Capital in connection with a co-investment, by way of both purchase of existing and subscription for new units, of a 45% interest in Greenship Bulk Trust, a registered business trust with a fleet of 16 low-consumption design Supramax bulk carriers
- Buss Capital on the US$410,000,000 disposal by one of its funds of 275,000 containers and related leases to US private equity investor Lindsay Golberg
- Maas Capital Investments and Siva Global Ships Limited on the structuring and negotiation of their US$60,000,000 co-investment alongside Swiber Holdings Limited in the SPV owner of a 3,000 ton derrick pipe-lay and accommodation work barge and advising Siva Global Ships Limited on its subsequent disposal to Fortress Investment Group LLC of its interest in the SPV owner
- ENGIE Trading on various matters relating to the sale, purchase and transport of coal, including in connection with a proposed investment by way of convertible bond into a pre-production coal mine in Indonesia.
Damian joined Simmons & Simmons in 2013 as a partner in the Singapore office. He was previously a partner in another international law firm in Singapore, where he has been based since 2000.