Chris is a consultant in the corporate & commercial group in Hong Kong. He focuses his practice on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and other general corporate and commercial matters. He has experience in equity and debt securities offerings, including advising underwriters and issuers on listings on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, and has advised listed and private companies in Hong Kong and China on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions. He is also experienced in corporate restructuring and reorganisation, corporate governance, regulatory and compliance issues, and securities laws, rules and regulations.
- Recent Work
- advising Vobile Group Limited in its US$30m global offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, underwritten by CLSA
- advising Forever Top (Asia) Limited and its consortium of investors (as underwriter) in the US$90m open offer to existing shareholders by i-CABLE Communications Limited as part of the acquisition of and capital injection into i-CABLE by Forever Top
- advising Advanced Card Systems Holdings Limited (now known as HNA Technology Investments Holdings Limited) (as offeree company) and its founding family (as vendors) in the US$67m disposal of controlling interest by the founding family to HNA EcoTech Pioneer Acquisition and the related US$42m mandatory unconditional cash offer for the remaining shares by Fortune (HK) Securities Limited on behalf of HNA EcoTech Pioneer Acquisition
- advising Cosmic Leader Holdings Limited (as offeror) in the US$55m acquisition of controlling interest in Jimei International Entertainment Group Limited (now known as Starlight Culture Entertainment Group Limited) and the related US$30m mandatory unconditional cash offer for the remaining shares by Zhongtai International Capital Limited on behalf of Cosmic Leader Holdings Limited
- advising Advanced Card Systems Holdings Limited (now known as HNA Technology Investments Holdings Limited) on its transfer of listing from Growth Enterprise Market to the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- advising Suchuang Gas Corporation Limited in its US$60m global offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, underwritten by BNP Paribas, Haitong International and CIMB
- advising Wison Engineering Services Co. Ltd. in its US$238m global offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, underwritten by Citi, Deutsche Bank, BOCOM International, UBS and CITIC Securities
- advising various Hong Kong listed issuers in connection with their further share issuances and various underwriters and placing agents in connection with placings of shares in Hong Kong listed issuers
- advising on Pre-IPO investments in various companies.
Chris earned his PCLL from the University of Hong Kong, his LLB (Hons) from Manchester Metropolitan University, and his BA from Tufts University. He is admitted to practice in Hong Kong and is a member of The Law Society of Hong Kong. He is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons, he worked at other leading international law firms.