Christopher is a lawyer in our Munich office who specialises in advising on IT and related IP and data protection issues. He advises with a focus on complex IT and outsourcing projects, on data and IT security, software development and licensing contracts and M&A transactions in the field of technology.
His clients include German DAX30 telecommunications, IT and insurance companies as well as mid-sized technology companies and start-ups.
- Recent Work
- advising an internationally operating technology and outsourcing provider on complex IT and business process outsourcing projects with German DAX30 companies
- advising a leading international cell phone company on complex telecommunication as well as cloud computing and hosting projects with several German DAX30 companies
- advising a specialty chemicals group on connecting its locations in more than 20 countries by means of what is known as a managed wide area network (WAN)
- advising an international group of companies in relation to the legitimacy of a group-wide data processing system under data protection law, especially in terms of cross-border data transfer
- advising a leading provider of security systems in the field of IT and data security in relation to the acquisition of a software company
- advising a technology company with regard to the introduction of an innovative peer-to-peer technology
- advising internet start-ups on the protection of technical know-how as well as drafting software development contracts and other software licensing agreements
- advising and litigating on behalf of an international software manufacturer in a complex licensing matter.
Christopher studied law at Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich and the Benjamin N Cardozo School of Law, New York City (LL.M. IP). Following his admission as a lawyer in Germany in 2006 and New York in 2007, he worked as an in-house counsel for an international fashion group before joining a German law firm in Munich and later an international law firm in Cologne. Since 2015, Christopher has worked in the Munich office of Simmons & Simmons.
Christopher is a speaker on the subject "Cross-border data transfer between (group) companies" at the BeckAcademy. Furthermore, he is a speaker at the "Training Course Data Pro-tection and IT Law within a Company”, which FOM hosts together with BeckAkademie once a year. Christopher regularly issues publications on IT and data protection matters. Amongst others he is a jurisdiction author for Getting the deal through in the area of Fintech (2019) as well as Telecoms and Media (2018).
IFRL 1000 (2017) quotes clients who say he is “very competent, easily accessible at all times and solution focussed”. In the exclusive ranking of the leading German business magazine WirtschaftsWoche "WiWo Topkanzleien 2018 - Die Top Anwälte für den Bereich IT-Recht” Christopher is listed as a top lawyer in the field of IT law 2018.