Dr Christian Bornhorst
Christian is a partner in our Düsseldorf office. He specialises in national and international mergers and acquisitions, general corporate advice (especially joint ventures) and restructurings. He also specialises in advising on M&A related post-merger integration. His clients especially involve companies from the TMT sector as well as asset managers and private equity firms.
- Recent Work
- advising Metro Group on its equity investment in Yoyo Wallet
- advising BlackRock on taking a stake in German / UK digital investment manager Scalable Capital
- advising a US technology group of companies on numerous corporate transactions in Germany and other European countries as well as associated post merger integrations
- advising a European grid operator and a non-European infrastructure investor on the takeover of an extra-high voltage electricity grid
- advising an insolvent German mid-cap company on their delisting and the takeover by an investment company, the first debt-to-equity swap under the German insolvency law reform
- advising a financial investor on the acquisition/management buy-out of a subsidiary of a German company.
Christian studied law at the Free University of Berlin, the European University Viadrina, Humboldt University (Dr. iur.) and the University of Connecticut School of Law (LL.M.). Following his admission to the German bar in 2004, Christian worked in the Düsseldorf and Cologne offices of another international law firm. During this time he was seconded to the legal department of a US Fortune 500 TMT company for one-and-a half years.