Chloe is a supervising associate in the Dispute Resolution group in London, specialising in commercial litigation and fraud related matters.
Chloe has also advised on a broad range of construction matters, and has experience of advising on contract formation, mid-stream project delivery and dispute resolution.
- Recent Work
- Autonomy Corporation Limited and others v Michael Richard Lynch and Anor: advising the former Chief Financial Officer of Autonomy Corporation Limited, Sushovan Hussain, on civil claims arising out of HP’s $11.1bn acquisition (and subsequent $8.8bn write down) of Autonomy
- Afren Plc (In Administration) and others v Osman Shahenshah and Anors: advising the former Chief Operating Officer of Afren Plc, Shahid Ullah, on civil claims brought by Afren Plc and its Nigerian subsidiary against its former directors and commercial partners for unlawful conduct causing the collapse of the companies and loss of approximately $1bn
- advising a subsidiary of a large international bank in relation to a claim brought against a Russian individual for the enforcement of debts
- representing a multinational conglomerate in expert determination proceedings concerning the consideration payable pursuant to a sale and purchase agreement
- advising a large international bank in relation to a claim brought by various clients alleging abuse of a dominant position under competition law
- advising a contractor/operator in relation to delivery issues on a complex rail project, including claims relating to late possession, disruption and out of sequence working, substantiating claims for variations and claims seeking additional time and cost
- advising a German utility company regarding delay and prolongation claims arising from the construction of an energy from waste facility
- advising a design subcontractor on claims during delivery including significant variations to its original scope of services, de-scoping of a significant part of its services, extensions of time, concurrency, prolongation and costs of disruption.
Chloe joined Simmons & Simmons as a trainee in London in 2012. During her training, she spent six months on secondment to the firm’s Hong Kong office.
Prior to joining the firm, Chloe studied Jurisprudence at Oxford University, before completing the LPC and an MBA (Legal Business) at BPP in London.