Cath is a longstanding employment practitioner who works as a trusted adviser to clients on their most high value and sensitive matters. This includes strategic management of complex litigation and regulated people issues, as well as the full day-to-day spectrum of people risk advice.
Having spent most of her career at Simmons, Cath recently spent more than two years in-house, providing senior strategic UK and Asia employment law support for a global financial institution. As a result, Cath is used to helping clients to develop a clear, strategic approach to their most complex people risk issues.
Cath’s clients are mainly in the Financial Services sector. She is currently heavily involved in advising financial institutions and asset managers on SMCR, culture, conduct and global individual accountability issues.
- Recent work
- extensive litigation experience including Tribunal and High Court experience in UK and Asia
- advising on the management of cross border investigation issues, including in connection with the investigation of sexual harassment allegations and compliance issues
- advising on complex, cross border data privacy and subject access matters
- advising on the employment aspects of a complex restructuring including cross border transfer of undertaking and information and consultation issues
- advising banks and other financial services firms on the Senior Managers and Certification Regime, including advising firms currently in scope on the management of conduct issues in practice and assisting multiple extension firms with their implementation projects.
Cath first joined Simmons & Simmons LLP in 2000 as a trainee. After 16 years with the firm, she has recently spent two years in-house, providing senior strategic support within global institutions.