Caroline von Nussbaum
Caroline is a lawyer in our Munich office. She advises national and international clients on all aspects of intellectual property and life sciences.
Within the area of intellectual property she specialises on German and European trademark, design and unfair competition law. In this context she has comprehensive experience in litigation.
In the area of pharmaceutical law and life sciences, she targets both regulatory issues as well as contractual advice, including litigation in front of BfArM as well as the German and European courts.
Furthermore, she focuses on licensing issues and gaming law as well as on advising on IP and pharmaceutical law aspects of corporate transactions.
Handelsblatt and Best Lawyers list Caroline von Nussbaum among Germany’s Best Lawyers 2019.
- Recent Work
- advising a renowned US fashion company on trademark and unfair competition law including procedures before the German Patent and Trade Mark Office, European Union Intellectual Property Office and German courts
- advising on pharmaceutical manufacturing contracts, including quality assurance agreements
- advising an international pharma company who is acting in the field of original and generic products on pharmaceutical law matters, representation before the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices (BfArM) and administrative courts
- representation and ongoing advice of one of the largest manufacturers for games of chance on trademark, competition, copyright and gaming law
- advising a German research organisation on life sciences research contracts
- advising a large US company in the field of consumer electronics on distribution, trademark and unfair competition law issues
- ongoing trademark advice for a manufacturer of finger food products
- advising a Chinese manufacturer of hydraulic products on competition law and procedural representation
- advising on M&A transactions in the IP/commercial field inter alia in connection with the acquisition of a specialty chemical manufacturer, a distributor of hotel cosmetics, a German bakery chain with stores in Europe, a manufacturer of interior products for aircraft cabins as well as a manufacturer of finger foods products.
Caroline studied law at Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich and University Paris II Panthéon-Assas (Licence en Droit). She was admitted as a lawyer in 2002 and worked for other international law firms in Düsseldorf and Munich before joining Simmons & Simmons in 2016.
Caroline regularly publishes and comments on trademark, competition and IP law. Furthermore, she is a member of the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR).
Caroline speaks German, English and French.