Dr Boris Handorn
Boris specialises in product liability as well as regulatory issues in relation to medical devices and medicinal products.
Boris has long-standing experience in advising life sciences as well as companies active in the fields of engineering, electrical engineering and automotive.
He advises on medical device law, inter alia, with regard to outsourced processes, supply chain contracts and on the implementation of MDR/IVDR. He also advises on R&D co-operations and digital health projects in the medical device and pharmaceutical industries.
Furthermore, Boris has extensive experience in international litigation and arbitration proceedings as well as the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
- Recent Work
- advising a US manufacturer of implants in product liability proceedings following a product recall
- advising a medical devices and pharmaceutical company on regulatory and liability issues in the area of eHealth/telemedicine
- advising a producer of drain tubes on supply and quality assurance agreements
- advising a pharmaceutical company on the distribution of blood products in Germany
- advising pharmaceutical companies on innovative T-Cell therapies
- representation of a producer of electric motors in a complex product liability proceeding in front of both public courts and arbitral tribunals
- advising a French TIER-1 supplier to the automotive industry on contracts and product liability.
Boris studied law at the Free University of Berlin and engineering economics at the Technical University of Berlin and earned a doctoral degree with a topic in the field of international arbitration.
Boris is a visiting lecturer for medical devices and pharmaceutical law at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich. He is a member of the scientific advisory board of the Research Center for Medical Device Law at the University Augsburg as well as an associated member of the legal committee of the BVMed (German Medical Technology Association).
He regularly speaks at conferences and seminars, and publishes on current issues in the areas of product liability and medical devices law.