Dr Bernulph von Crailsheim
Bernulph heads the German Simmons & Simmons offices. He advises on German national and international tax matters in particular in connection with the structuring of funds (open and closed-end funds) M&A transactions, reorganisations, real estate transactions as well as the structuring of large private estates.
A further focus of his activity is advising banks on financial products.
- Recent Work
- advising on the set-up of several real estate, private equity, infrastructure and renewable energy funds
- advising on a number of secondary transactions in relation to German closed end funds
- advising a major investment bank on a complex financing arrangement
- advising a Danish seller on the disposal of a 40MW Windpark in Zölkow to Rhein Energie
- advising Ascendis Pharma on the German law aspects of its IPO on NASDAQ
- advising ST77 group on the acquisition of various shopping and specialist retail centres.
After studying law at Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich and the University of Augsburg (PhD), Bernulph qualified as a Rechtsanwalt (German lawyer) in 1997. He was admitted as a qualified tax advisor (Steuerberater) in 2001. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons in May 2012, he was a partner at another major international law firm for several years.
Bernulph has been recognised by Chambers Europe, Legal 500, JUVE and Euromoney’s World Tax as a frequently recommended tax lawyer.