Ania is a partner in the Corporate group in London. She advises on a variety of corporate matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and general corporate matters particularly in relation to partnership arrangements.
Ania has a particular focus on the asset management sector, advising alternative investment managers on all aspects of their business, including the implementation and structuring of “start-ups” (both on and offshore), acquisitions, incentivisation and retention plans and general operational day-to-day matters.
Ania is a member of the core team dedicated to start-up hedge fund work. The team is behind Simmons & Simmons LaunchPlus: US to UK - the firm’s online resource for US-based fund managers launching in the UK.
- Recent Work
- advising Eikoh, the alternative investment manager, on the establishment of its business and the acquisition by it of part of Deutsche Asset Management’s investment management business
- advising BlueCrest on the acquisition of Man Group’s minority stake in the group for $633m and the simultaneous acquisition of retired co-founder Bill Reeves’ remaining interests in the group
- advising on the spin out of an asset management business from Lehman Brothers
- advising Principal Global Investors, the asset management arm of Principal Financial Services, Inc, on the acquisition of INTERNOS, a London-based European real estate investment manager with $3.25bn in assets under management
- advising a fund promoted by a leading investment bank on its investment in a UK hedge fund manager
- advising various companies and limited partnerships, particularly alternative investment managers, on their conversion to limited liability partnerships including BlueCrest, Angelo, Gordon and BlueBay.
Ania trained and qualified at Simmons & Simmons, having joined in 2003. During her time at Simmons & Simmons, Ania has spent six months working for Simmons & Simmons in The Netherlands and six months on secondment to a US hedge fund manager. She was identified as one of the '50 Leading Women in Hedge Funds' by The Hedge Fund Journal. Ania is also the co-chair of the firm’s women’s network, The Number One Club (TNOC) (which celebrates its 10 year anniversary this year).