Andrew Petry is a partner and finance specialist in the Projects team in London. He has a broad range of experience in the Energy and Infrastructure sectors, with particular emphasis on banking, project finance and PPPs in the PPP, renewables, waste, power, transport, accommodation and LNG sectors. Andrew's clients are financiers, project sponsors, borrowers, public sector entities and infrastructure funds. Andrew advises on Shari’ah compliant financings and has a growing reputation for acting on alternative funding structures for projects.
- Recent Work
- advising a European institutional funder on a number of refinancings of PPP projects including a refinancing of EIB debt during construction
- advising Mainstream, the Irish renewables developer, on shareholder arrangements for its Lekela African renewables joint venture with Actis
- advising the Royal Vopak on the renewal of its €1,000,000,000 revolving credit facility and on a range of other treasury products
- advising Pfalzsolar on their development of ground mounted solar projects in the United Kingdom and their subsequent on sale
- advising Gate terminal BV on the project financing of a 9 bcm LNG regasification terminal in the Port of Rotterdam (European Oil & Gas deal of the Year 2008), the subsequent expansion financing (2009); all on going matters affecting the project since as well as a further project financing of the terminal to increase its break bulk and back loading capabilities
- advising the Government of Kenya on a US$750,000,000 infrastructure loan
- advising a Macquarie Capital led consortium on its successful close of the Breda Courts PPP in the Netherlands which involved a range of different funders funding on a mixture of fixed and floating terms
- Macquarie Capital and FCC and Denys NV on the Haren prison PPP project in Belgium
Andrew is a partner and finance specialist in our Projects team. Andrew has a broad range of experience in the Energy and Infrastructure sectors, with particular emphasis on project finance and PPPs in the power, renewables, LNG, transport, accommodation and wastewater sectors. Andrew’s clients are energy companies, financiers, project sponsors, borrowers, public sector entities and infrastructure funds. Andrew established the off-shore finance practice of a “magic circle” law firm in the Netherlands whilst based there between 2001 and 2006. He is fluent in English, German and Dutch and happy to work in any of these languages.