Andrea is an advisor to clients on all employment law issues. She is trusted by clients to deal with their most high value and sensitive matters, including litigation and strategic responses to changes to the law. Her advice is pragmatic and commercial and tailored to the needs and culture of different client organisations. Over the last few years, Andrea has been at the forefront of advising clients in financial services on how they deal with their regulated people – i.e. the interplay between employment and financial services regulatory issues. In particular, she has developed expertise on financial services remuneration regulation and the implementation of new regulatory regimes for banks and other financial services firms. She has also advised on sensitive employment issues arising out of regulatory investigations. Andrea is a regular speaker at conferences on these issues.
- Recent Work
- Senior Managers’ regime: advising banks on implementation of the Senior Managers’ Regime
- global technology firm: advising on enforcement of restrictive covenants
- US bank: successful resolution of cross-border whistleblowing claim for a US investment bank
- UK corporate: Advising UK infrastructure company on options for addressing developing law on holiday pay
- UK bank: advising bank on whistleblowing claim arising out of regulatory investigation
- remuneration rules: advising inter broker dealer, major institutional investment manager and investment banks on implementation of European remuneration rules
- global investment bank - advising major investment bank on high value sex discrimination claim.
Andrea joined Simmons & Simmons LLP in 1998 as a trainee. She became a partner in 2011. As part of the firm’s top ranked employment practice, Andrea has had the good fortune of working with a range of sophisticated clients over a long period of time.