Amer is a partner in the London capital markets group and member of the asset-backed finance and securitisation team. He has extensive experience advising on a variety of asset-backed finance transactions and securitisations, with a particular focus on residential mortgage-backed securitisations (RMBS), commercial mortgage-backed securitisations (CMBS), covered bonds, asset sale and warehousing arrangements. Amer also advises on secured corporate bonds and whole business securitisations (WBS) (including those backed by infrastructure and utility assets).
Amer is a member of the EMF – ECBC Covered Bond Label Advisory Council. He was recently recognised as a "Rising Star" in Capital Markets – Euromoney LMG "Rising Stars Guide 2016", and Capital Markets, Structured Finance and Securitisation – Euromoney LMG “Rising Stars Guide 2017”.
- Recent Work
- advised on three large non-conforming residential mortgage backed securitisations, each in excess of £1.5bn for a retail and commercial bank. The first of the series of deals was awarded the IFR EMEA Structured Finance Deal of the year, and the last was placed on the basis of Reg S/Rule 144A
- advised on residential mortgage backed transactions, asset-based and asset-backed loan facilities, and mortgage warehousing transactions for building societies, banks and specialist mortgage lenders
- advised on receivables portfolio disposals and acquisitions
- advised on Latin America's first ever covered bond, which was issued by an international bank on a Reg S/Rule 144A basis. The deal was awarded Structured Financing Deal of the Year by LatinFinance
- advised on the establishment and updates of covered bond programmes for a number of international banks
- advised a “control party” and residual certificate investor on the private securitisation of mobile phone handset receivables
- advised on asset-backed funding arrangements for pension scheme deficits
- advised on the establishment of, and issuance under, a multi-source secured funding platform for a large energy from waste company in The Netherlands.
- Further Work
- advised on the bond financings of shopping centres, student residence halls and commercial office space
- advised on the restructurings of various RMBS, CMBS and covered bond transactions and on related liability management exercises and trustee consent processes.
Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons, Amer worked at another leading international law firm for 14 years. Amer has lived in ten cities in five countries and he is qualified to practice in England & Wales, New York and India.