Alexander is a lawyer and specialist in employment law (Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht) in our Düsseldorf office. He advises domestic and foreign companies on the full range of individual and collective labour law issues. His main practice areas include representing companies in litigation with members of the management and advising on collective employment issues, including negotiating reconciliations of interests and social redundancy plans with works councils.
He has long-standing experience in advising on the employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and outsourcing projects. Another of his core practice areas is advising on company pension schemes and representing companies in court disputes with retired employees.
- Recent Work
- advising a US chemicals company on the dismissal of its German works manager in the wake of criminal investigations
- providing strategic advice and representing German and international industrial and consulting firms in court disputes with senior executives
- advising investment banks in employment disputes concerning termination of employment and bonus claims
- representing a financial service provider in several proceedings before the Federal Labour Court involving the calculation of entitlements of ex-employees under the company’s pension scheme
- advising LyondellBasell on its internal reorganisation and negotiations with the works councils regarding reconciliations of interests and social redundancy plans
- advising and representing a German industrial concern in litigation with retirees concerning a failure to adjust their company pensions.
Alexander has worked as a lawyer in our Düsseldorf office since 2001. He studied law at the University of Konstanz and qualified in 2000. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons, he worked for a specialist labour law firm.
Alexander is a member of the European Employment Lawyers Association and the German Labour Court Association (Deutscher Arbeitsgerichtsverband). He frequently publishes on all German employment law issues and hosts the HR Round Table in Düsseldorf and Frankfurt for clients and interested personnel specialists. Alexander advises our clients in German and English.