Simmons & Simmons named Stonewall Top Global Employer for the fourth year running
15 Jul 2019
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has been ranked as one of the fourteen best performing employers in Stonewall’s Top Global Employer 2019. This is the fourth consecutive year that the firm has received this accreditation.
As a charity that works to achieve equality and justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people, Stonewall’s Top Global Employer list showcases the best multinational employers for LGBT staff.
Initiatives from the last year highlighted in the submission include:
- flagship LGBT event in the Singapore office: ‘Allyship 101’ in collaboration with the InterAlia Network;
- successful completion of our first diversity audit in Germany;
- mandatory Inclusive Leadership and Unconscious Bias training delivered to our Beijing, Dubai, Hong Kong and Singapore offices;
- rebrand of the firm’s international Allies Network to explicitly promote equality and inclusion of transgender and bisexual allies, as well as lesbian and gay people;
- continued collaboration with our clients specifically sharing LGBT best practice with Moody’s in Milan.
“I am pleased that the firm has once again been ranked as a Top Global Employer for the fourth year in a row, recognising our continued dedication to promoting LGBT+ inclusion in all jurisdictions. Over the next year, we will continue to encourage equality for all, without exception.” Colin Passmore, Senior Partner, Senior Ally.
“I am very proud that the firm has been recognised as a Stonewall Top Global Employer for the fourth consecutive year. Our achievement reflects the great effort that our partners and colleagues have taken to maintain an LGBT+ inclusive environment, regardless of where they work in the world.” Amanda Lees, Partner, Singapore, Ally.
Ruth Hunt, Chief Executive, Stonewall said: “Simmons & Simmons have demonstrated a real commitment to ensuring that all their lesbian, gay, bi and trans staff and stakeholders feel included at work and we’re delighted to name them as one of our Top Global Employers for 2019. All 14 of these businesses truly are at forefront of driving global LGBT inclusion in the workplace, which is such a crucial step in getting us closer to LGBT equality.
There is so much left to do to ensure that lesbian, gay, bi and trans employees feel able to be themselves at work, no matter where they are. We’re proud to work with Simmons & Simmons, who operate in some extremely difficult contexts, to create workplaces that are inclusive and supportive of LGBT people and equality.”
LinkedIn | Twitter