Simmons & Simmons delivers growth in revenue and profitability
03 Jul 2019
Simmons & Simmons has today announced its annual results for the year ending 30 April 2019, showing another year of strong growth in both revenue and profitability.
Headline figures include
- Revenue of £374m, up 6% on the previous financial year
- Profit of £119m, up 9% on the previous financial year
- Profit per equity partner of £710k, up 4% on the previous financial year
These numbers represent a period of sustained growth over the last three years with revenue up 27% and profit up 34% from 2015/16.
Jeremy Hoyland, Managing Partner, commented:
“This is the third consecutive year of strong financial performance for the firm and we are making good progress against our business plan. The year has been one of continued focus on client relationships and client service and how we can deliver smarter solutions for our clients.”
Strategic highlights include:
- Promoted 15 lawyers to the partnership, the largest round since 2008. Of the 15 promoted, six were women
- 16 strategic lateral partner hires – including five in London and 11 in our other EMEA offices. A key growth area for the firm
- Expansion into three new offices – in Dublin’s financial district, Bristol’s Finzels Reach and Quarry Bay in Hong Kong. Modernising the way our people work and connect with each other
- Expanded the firm’s reach in China with the opening of a new office in Shenzhen, the Silicon Valley of China.
- Named in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2019
- FT Top 10 innovative lawyers 2018 – awarded to Paola Leocani, partner and head of the debt capital markets group in Milan
- Another year of successful revenue growth for Adaptive - the firm’s flexible resourcing platform - with a turnover up 20% on the previous financial year.
LinkedIn | Twitter