Advising CDPQ on its investment in Biogroup-LCD
11 Oct 2018
Cliquez ici pour voir la version française.
CDPQ, one of Canada’s biggest institutional investors, with a net asset worth €200bn, has invested €180m in Biogroup LCD, one of the diagnosis laboratories French leaders.
French regulations applying to diagnosis laboratories provide for strict rules on shareholding structure, to be held significantly by biologists. Simmons & Simmons’ team is highly specialised on these regulatory and corporate aspects. It has advised CDPQ in this respect, on the due diligence and on the structuring of the deal.
CDPQ’s long term investment is to help the group continue its external growth strategy, by strengthening its positions in its actual implantations’ areas and expanding in new ones.
The team at Simmons & Simmons was led by Guillaume-Denis Faure, partner, assisted by Paul L’Huillier, associate, for regulatory aspects, included:
- Simonetta Giordano (partner), Anna Velitchkova, Sharon Cohen, Antoine Melchior and Thomas Helman (associates) for corporate aspects
- Christophe Fichet (partner), and Anne Baudequin (associate) for IT aspects
- Colin Millar (partner), and Iva Parvanova (associate) for banking aspects
- Elise Mariot and Sophie Finel (associates) for employment law aspects
- Danièle Darmon (of counsel) and Constance Guillaume (associate) for real estate aspects.
Simmons & Simmons also worked with Fieldfisher, Marie-Léonie Vergnerie, partner, and Vanessa Kurugky, associate, on environment law aspects and with Winston & Strawn and Gilles Bigot, partner, on regulatory aspects.