Stonewall Top Global Employer 2018
19 Jul 2018
Simmons & Simmons has been ranked one of thirteen best performing employers in Stonewall’s Top Global Employer 2018. This is the third year running that the firm has received this accreditation.
Stonewall’s Top Global Employers list celebrates the pioneering efforts of leading organisations to create inclusive workplaces and advance equality for LGBT people wherever they are in the world. It’s compiled from submissions to the Global Workplace Equality Index (GWEI): a powerful benchmarking tool used by employers to create inclusive workplaces across the international markets in which they operate.
The firm has made significant progress over the past year to continually advance equality for LGBT partners and colleagues across all our international network.
Highlights for 2017/2018
- recognition in the UN Standards of Conduct for Business on tackling discrimination against LGBTI people, with a focus on our supplier programme
- launch of our gender identity and expression policy and toolkit
- LGBT role model training for everyone in our Milan office
- increased visibility of the Straight Allies network in our Singapore office
- mandatory Inclusive Leadership & Unconscious Bias training rolled out to even more offices: Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Milan, Munich and Paris
- successful first LGBT event in Frankfurt – “Coming out at work – still an issue today”.
“I am delighted that the firm has been ranked a Stonewall Top Global Employer for the third consecutive year. We can all too easily take a safe, inclusive work environment for granted in countries in which LGBT rights are recognised and protected. I’m proud of the steps partners and other colleagues have taken in the past year to help create that same environment for all of our LGBT people, regardless of the jurisdiction in which they work.” Deian Rhys, Partner, London, Chair of the firm’s International LGBT Network.
“I am very proud to raise awareness of LGBTQ+ issues in the Singapore office. I am committed along with all my colleagues to ensuring that every office, no matter where, offers a supportive and inclusive environment for LGBTQ+ people.” Amanda Lees, Partner, Singapore, Senior Straight Ally.
Ruth Hunt, Chief Executive, Stonewall said: “Simmons & Simmons has demonstrated a real commitment to ensuring that all its lesbian, gay, bi and trans staff and stakeholders feel included at work. These businesses truly are at forefront of driving global LGBT inclusion in the workplace, and between them reach nearly 900,000 people.
“There is so much left to do to ensure that lesbian, gay, bi and trans employees feel able to be themselves at work, no matter where they are. We’re proud to work with Simmons & Simmons who operates in some extremely difficult contexts, to create workplaces that are inclusive and supportive of LGBT people and equality.”
LinkedIn | Twitter