Recognition Through Two Key Awards at The Hedge Fund Journal Awards 2017
27 Jan 2017
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has been awarded the Best Regulatory Practice at The Hedge Fund Journal Awards 2017, with the firm’s head of financial services, Richard Perry, also taking home an Outstanding Contribution award.
The awards ceremony took place at 1 Lombard Street in London on 26 January, with the award being accepted by representatives of the financial services regulatory team, including Richard Perry and Nicholas Colston. The awards celebrate firms who pioneer innovation, growth and excellence within the hedge fund industry.
The firm was recognised for the breadth and depth of its international regulatory advisory practice, the thought leadership role that the practice plays within the hedge fund industry and its market-leading work in helping hedge fund clients deal with complex, cross-border regulation. The financial services regulatory team has now won this award in two consecutive years.
Commenting on winning this award, Darren Fox, partner and leader of the regulatory team said: “We are delighted to have won Best Regulatory Practice 2017 for the second year running. This award is testament to how the depth of our sector knowledge and our highly experienced, dedicated team are valued by our hedge fund clients. With the largest hedge fund team of any law firm in the UK, and having advised many of the hedge fund industry’s largest players since launch, we are pleased that our commitment and contribution to the industry has been recognised once again.”
Head of financial services partner, Richard Perry, commented after receiving his award: “I am thrilled to have received the Outstanding Contribution Award from the Hedge Fund Journal. It is an honour to receive this award which recognises the work done in the sector not just by me but by our tremendous team over 20 years ".
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Simmons & Simmons has a highly specialised international asset management and investment funds team. We have experts in fund formation, financial services regulation, trading documentation (including prime brokerage and derivatives documentation), corporate structuring and transactions, litigation, taxation, ICT and employment regulation. We have an in-depth understanding of the asset management industry.
4. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
5. For further information, please contact Avnee Trivedy, Communications & PR Manager on +44 207 825 4133 or at email@example.com
or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 207 825 3764 or at firstname.lastname@example.org