Firm Expands in Brussels with New Team Hire
22 Sep 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons announces the expansion of their Brussels office with a team of Belgian lawyers including the appointment of a new partner and of counsel.
Carl Meyntjens will join the firm from Ashurst as a partner* in the corporate and commercial group. He will be joined by Kelly Cherretté as of counsel*.
Carl joined Ashurst as a partner in 1998 and has been the Managing Partner of its Brussels office since 2007. He acts for Belgian and international corporates, private equity funds and financial institutions and his practice focuses on corporate and financial law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and corporate and acquisition finance. He works across a variety of sectors and is referenced in all major legal directories.
Kelly has particular expertise in commercial contracts and PPP projects, including related litigation. Carl and Kelly are expected to join on 01 December. They are both members of the Brussels bar.
Mark Curtis, head of the firm’s international corporate and commercial group, commented: “We are pleased to welcome Carl and his team to our corporate and commercial group. Their arrival symbolises our strategic focus and continued investment in our international capability, and provides additional value to our corporate and commercial client offering.”
Koen Platteau, head of the firm’s Brussels office continued: “This is a stellar team with a widely renowned reputation and expertise in local and cross-border transactions, both in Belgium and abroad. Their combined expertise complements that of our existing team and enhances our Benelux and European offering in corporate and finance for our clients.”
Carl Meyntjens commented: "We are all very excited to join a firm which has such a longstanding European focus and an excellent Benelux platform."
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals.
Notes to editors
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on +44 20 7825 3134 or email email@example.com
, or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Enquiries for images should be made through the firm’s press office above.