Partner Deian Rhys Ranked in 2016 OUTstanding Leading LGBT+ Executives List, Presented by the FT
25 Oct 2016
A partner at international law firm Simmons & Simmons has ranked in the 2016 OUTstanding Leading LGBT+ Executives List, presented by the FT. Deian Rhys is a partner in the firm’s real estate group and co-chair of the firm’s international LGBT network.
OUTstanding is a professional membership organisation for global businesses and works directly with LGBT+ and ally leaders to promote inclusion in the workplace. All of the 2016 leading role models were nominated by peers and colleagues.
Each person was scored on the seniority and influence of their role, their impact on LGBT+ inclusion inside and outside the workplace and their business achievements.
Deian Rhys, commented, "I am delighted to have been included on this list alongside so many inspiring leaders. Simmons & Simmons remains committed to promoting equality across our network of offices, particularly in jurisdictions where it is more challenging to be out at work, and to ensuring that all of our LGBT colleagues have visible role models within the firm".
CEO and founder of OUTstanding, Suki Sandhu, said, "Large corporations have the power and influence to promote LGBT+ inclusion and pave the way for real societal change around the world. By recognising the impact of those who are leading the charge, the OUTstanding Leading LGBT+ & Ally Executives and LGBT+ Future Leaders Lists continue to inspire both businesses and individuals to drive LGBT+ equality forward. OUTstanding exists to challenge the assumption that you cannot be out and successful in business, to create role models that will inspire the next generation of business leaders and to encourage companies to use their far reaching voices for good."
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the Energy & Infrastructure market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. OUTstanding is a professional membership organisation for global businesses and works directly with LGBT+ and ally leaders to promote inclusion in the workplace. All of the 2016 leading role models were nominated by peers and colleagues. Nominations were then reviewed by OUTstanding’s judging panel, consisting of: Lord Browne, Executive Chairman, L1 Energy, and former CEO, BP; Dawn Airey, CEO, Getty Images; Ashok Vaswani, CEO, Barclays UK; Harriet Green, General Manager of Watson Internet of Things, Commerce and Education IBM; Vicki Culpin, Global Dean of Research, Hult International Business School; Suki Sandhu, Founder & CEO, OUTstanding; and Carola Hoyos, Editor of the Executive Appointments section, Non Executive Directors Club, Financial Times.
6. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on + 44 207 825 3134 or at email@example.com
, or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or at firstname.lastname@example.org