Firm Expands its Real Estate Group with New Hire
13 Oct 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has expanded its real estate group with the addition of Richard Hopkinson-Woolley, who joins the firm’s London office as a partner* on Monday 17 October 2016.
Richard joins the firm from DLA Piper, bringing with him a wealth of experience in all aspects of real estate including real estate funds, private equity and real estate finance. He is known as one of the leading individuals in the market and is also rated highly by Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession.
John Kelsey, head of the firm’s real estate group in London, commented; “We’re delighted to welcome Richard to our team of real estate lawyers here in the UK. We’re committed to continuing to grow our real estate capabilities and Richard has particular strengths that will complement our existing team. Richard has an excellent profile in the in the market and with our full service capability here at Simmons & Simmons Richard will have the perfect platform from which his practice can thrive.”
Jonathan Hammond, head of the firm’s financial markets group continued: ‘Richard’s arrival marks the continued development and investment in our real estate capability and expertise, while bringing real bench strength to our UK real estate team.”
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals.
Notes to editors
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. Simmons & Simmons has a highly specialised international asset management and investment funds team. We have experts in fund formation, financial services regulation, trading documentation (including prime brokerage and derivatives documentation), corporate structuring and transactions, litigation, taxation, ICT and employment regulation. We have an in-depth understanding of the asset management industry. Last year we were named ‘Leading Law Firm’ at the Hedge Fund Journal Awards 2015 for the fifth consecutive year and most recently we have been awarded Best Law Firm for Asset Management 2016 at the AsianInvestor awards.
5. The Simmons & Simmons real estate practice offers the international reach of a cross-border, cross-sector team working across Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are well versed in sector-specific transactions in the core real estate markets and in the alternative real estate areas such as hotels, student accommodation, healthcare etc. Our group’s breadth and depth of experience allows us to anticipate issues, create innovative solutions and identify opportunities to help our clients achieve their business objectives. Shortlisted for ‘Property Team of the Year’ at the British Legal Awards 2016 (due to be announced 24 November), this high performing team is going from strength to strength.
6. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on +44 20 7825 3134 or at email@example.com
, or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Enquiries for images should be made through the firm’s press office above.