Firm Celebrates Double Award Win at Prestigious FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2016
06 Oct 2016
Charlotte Stalin, a financial services partner at international law firm Simmons & Simmons, was last night named “Legal Innovator of the Year” at the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2016.
The awards celebrate innovation right across the legal industry and this accolade recognises Charlotte as a driving force for innovation not only within the firm, but in the legal industry, for her work developing Simmons & Simmons navigator and related online products.
The awards ceremony took place at the Natural History Museum on 05 October where the firm also received the award for “Innovation in legal expertise: Speed and process” for work on a tax litigation matter expected to take many years that was resolved within months. This award was accepted by Nick Skerrett, the tax partner who led the team on this complex matter.
The awards also marked the launch of the FT Innovative Lawyers Report 2016, in which Simmons & Simmons was ranked among the Top 10 Most Innovative Firms in Europe.
Managing Partner, Jeremy Hoyland, commented: “I’m very pleased the firm has had a strong showing at this year’s FT Innovative Lawyers Awards and for the recognition for Charlotte Stalin and Nick Skerrett. I am particularly delighted that Charlotte has been recognised for the leading role she has taken in driving innovation, not only for our firm, but for the legal sector more widely. We have placed innovation at the heart of our business plan and it is pleasing to see that this is increasingly resonating within the market.”
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the Energy & Infrastructure market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Simmons & Simmons is embedded in the international financial and regulatory community. We understand the products our Financial Institutions clients deal with, the time constraints they experience and the regulatory pressures they are under across the full range of legal specialties including: complex structured finance work, cross-jurisdictional regulatory projects, highly sensitive employment issues, valuable disputes matters and cutting edge ICT assignments.
The work we do for client in the Financial Institutions sector is at the core of our business. We are recognised for our track record of innovation and the adoption of new technologies to continually improve the way we deliver our services. Our clients choose us to help them navigate the ever changing legal and regulatory landscape.
4. Simmons & Simmons has a highly specialised international asset management and investment funds team. We have experts in fund formation, financial services regulation, trading documentation (including prime brokerage and derivatives documentation), corporate structuring and transactions, litigation, taxation, ICT and employment regulation. We have an in-depth understanding of the asset management industry. We have recently been named ‘Leading Law Firm’ at the Hedge Fund Journal Awards 2015 for the fifth consecutive year.
5. Simmons & Simmons navigator is our sector-leading online subscription service, covering key areas of financial services and tax regulation. Since 2007, Simmons & Simmons navigator has provided cost-effective access to user friendly, comprehensive and regularly updated information regarding the key regulatory and tax issues. Available on a subscription basis, navigator is available through elexica, our award winning online legal resource, providing 24/7, global access. Click here to find out more about our suite of navigator products
6. Simmons & Simmons LaunchPlus was recently named Best New Legal Product at The Lawyer Business Leadership Awards 2016 on 28 September 2016 and on 05 October the firm was also shortlisted for a total of six awards at the British Legal Awards 2016 (due to take place 24 November), including the Legal Services Innovation Award. The firm's commitment to innovation includes a partner-led Innovation Group. Both Charlotte Stalin and Nick Skerrett are members.
7. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
8. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on +44 20 7825 3134 or at email@example.com , or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org