Awarded Project Finance Deal of the Year 2016
24 Oct 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has won Project Finance Deal of the Year at the IFLR Middle East Awards 2016.
The firm won the award for its work advising Mitsubishi Corporation and TEPCO on the 2,400MW/130MIGD Facility D independent water and power project in Qatar.
Notes to editors:
Adrian Nizzola, a projects partner in the firm’s London office who led this project, commented, "The whole team enjoyed working on this very exciting project to help achieve the commercial objectives of client Mitsubishi Corporation and TEPCO. It was the sustained team effort and high level of expertise shown by sponsors, lenders and their respective advisors that pushed this over the line. Winning this award is testament to the positive relationship we have with the client, the skill of our client, the strength of our project finance practice and the dedication shown throughout by everyone involved."
Richard Kramer, client partner for Mitsubishi Corporation based in the firm’s Tokyo office, added, "These awards recognise innovation in legal practice and Facility D was a very good example of this innovation. The team worked tirelessly to get this project to financial close and we are honoured to have won such a prestigious award."
The Simmons & Simmons team was led by partner Adrian Nizzola, assisted by Partners Richard Kramer, Andrew Wingfield, Peter Wright, Of Counsel Bree Miechel, Managing Associates Simon Kenolty and Rose-Anna Daukes, Senior Associates Jonathan Simons and Elias Matni and Associate Maha Lawson.
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the Energy & Infrastructure market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. Simmons & Simmons has worked in the Middle East for more than 30 years. The firm has offices in the UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia (through its alliance with Hammad & Al-Mehdar, the leading Saudi Arabian law firm). The Doha office opened in 2003 and we were the first international law firm to be granted a licence to operate independently in Qatar with permission to advise on both Qatar and international law matters.
6. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on + 44 207 825 3134 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or at email@example.com