Firm Hosts Interactive World Cafe For Oxfam Lawyers Against Poverty
11 Nov 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons will host Oxfam Lawyers Against Poverty’s Interactive World Café on Monday 14 November 2016 at its office in London.
This event is a chance for lawyers to come together for a collaborative conversation, to meet like-minded people who care about changing the world and to discuss putting plans to do this into motion. It is also the perfect opportunity for lawyers to learn more about Oxfam Lawyers Against Poverty’s work and how to get involved.
The event is not stand alone as it forms part of the firm’s wider Corporate Responsibility strategy.
Richard Dyton, Pro Bono Partner, commented, “We are delighted to host this event for “Lawyers Against Poverty”. It will be a useful forum for lawyers to discuss pro bono projects following renewed interest and enthusiasm generated during Pro Bono week.”
The key speaker is Dr Duncan Green, Oxfam GB’s Senior Strategic Advisor and Professor in Practice at the London School of Economic and Political Science.
The Interactive World Café will look to discuss a number of topics including legal education in Sub-Saharan Africa, social business and public interest litigation.
The event is being held at the Simmons & Simmons London office at CityPoint, 1 Ropemaker Street, EC2Y 9SS, from 18:30 onwards.
To RSVP for this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the Energy & Infrastructure market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp.
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. At Simmons & Simmons, we seek to provide legal services according to the highest ethical and professional standards and we take our responsibilities to our clients, our people, our suppliers and the communities in which we do business seriously. We are proud of our culture of corporate responsibility (CR) which seeks to govern how we operate, how we interact with clients and each other, and how we participate in our local communities.
5. To read more about the World Cafe, please see http://www.theworldcafe.com/. To read about Oxfam Lawyers Against Poverty, please see http://www.oxfam.org.uk/lawyers-against-poverty.
6. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on +44 20 7825 3134 or at email@example.com, or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.