Awarded Best Law Firm at the Structured Products Europe Awards 2016
21 Nov 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has won Best Law Firm at the Structured Products Europe Awards 2016.
Simmons & Simmons was recognised for its ability to help structured products market participants understand and comply with the Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products (PRIIPs) Regulation.
The firm has extensive experience in the PRIIPs space and, since the publication of the PRIIPs Regulation in November 2014, has been at the forefront of regulatory work in this area, advising a number of the leading international financial institutions and working closely with regulators on the key open issues faced by the industry.
This award is further recognition that Simmons & Simmons is a market leader in all aspects of structured products and derivatives across our contentious and non-contentious regulatory and transactional practices.
Penny Miller, a financial services partner in the firm’s London office who spearheaded the firm’s PRIIPs work, commented: “We are delighted to have won Best Law Firm at the Structured Products Europe Awards 2016, primarily for our work on PRIIPs but also in relation to our wider contribution to this area across the firm. This award is testament to the hard work and collaboration by the whole team (including our lead associates Catherine Weeks and Alice Sullivan).”
The Simmons & Simmons team was led by partner Penny Miller with support from key partners including Sean Bulmer, Michael Dodson, Caroline Hunter-Yeats, Neil Simmonds, Charlotte Stalin and Piers Summerfield together with their international structured products team.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. Simmons & Simmons is embedded in the international financial and regulatory community. We understand the products our Financial Institutions clients deal with, the time constraints they experience and the regulatory pressures they are under across the full range of legal specialties including: complex structured finance work, cross-jurisdictional regulatory projects, highly sensitive employment issues, valuable disputes matters and cutting edge ICT assignments. The work we do for client in the Financial Institutions sector is at the core of our business. We are recognised for our track record of innovation and the adoption of new technologies to continually improve the way we deliver our services. Our clients choose us to help them navigate the ever changing legal and regulatory landscape.
5. Our international financial markets practice advises many of the world’s leading financial institutions and corporates on a wide range of financial markets products. We deal with the most complex and groundbreaking work – work that involves thinking flexibly combined with a real understanding of our clients.
6. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on +44 207 825 3134 or email@example.com or Lauryn McKinney Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org