Firm Expands International Real Estate Practice in London
06 Jun 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons expands in London with the appointment of Deian Rhys who joins the firm as a partner* in its real estate practice on 06 June.
Deian joins the firm from a major investment bank where he was an Executive Director and Senior Counsel. He specialises in international real estate transactions, and has significant experience throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
John Kelsey, head of the firm’s international real estate practice, commented: "we are delighted to welcome Deian to our real estate practice and financial markets group. His appointment emphasises our continued investment in our international real estate offering and our commitment to attracting talented individuals. Deian is highly experienced and comes to us with a valuable insight to handling real estate transactions from a client perspective contributing further to our high quality offering to our real estate clients. His contribution will also add further industry strength to both our financial institutions and our asset management & investment funds sector groups."
Jonathan Hammond, head of the firm’s international financial institutions sector group continued: "Deian’s appointment is another recent example of our continued ambitions for international growth across the firm and the ongoing plans to expand our real estate practice. Real estate has been a great success for us over the past four years and we want to see that continue with further investment through internal promotions and further lateral hires. His expertise complements those of our existing international partners, yet also provides specific insight from his experience as in-house counsel which will further benefit our clients and their businesses."
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 207 825 3962 or at email@example.com , or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Enquiries for images of Deian should be made through the firm’s press office above.