Brexit Resource Proves its Value
27 Jun 2016
The dedicated online resource set up by international law firm Simmons & Simmons to help clients and contacts review the legal consequences and potential impact of Brexit on their business activities in the UK has already proved valuable to thousands of visitors since the outcome of the referendum result was announced on 24 June 2016.
The microsite, available on elexica.com, the firm’s free online legal resource, was launched just two days after the referendum was announced and has been regularly updated in the run up to the vote with articles, podcasts, commentary and guidance to help businesses in their preparations for the outcome. The firm has also conducted and hosted seminars and webinars addressing the key issues affecting specific sectors and regions. On the eve of the referendum result, the firm launched a dedicated hotline for clients to call in order to discuss their immediate queries.
Lawyers from a wide range of disciplines across the firm contributed their expertise on the many consequences and considerations affecting businesses in the UK, and how the different options for the UK’s future trading relationships could impact upon business activities. The site was updated with new content addressing the UK’s decision to leave the EU as soon as the outcome was confirmed. The number of visitors to the site on 24 June alone was more than half the number of total visitors to the site from its launch until 23 June.
Commenting on the firm’s response to the Brexit decision, partner and international head of the firm’s corporate and commercial group, Mark Curtis said, "Since launching our dedicated microsite, we have focused on identifying the main challenges and issues our clients would face in the result of an exit, with specific reference to the sectors and regions in which they work. We are pleased that the content we have produced has already proved useful for our contacts and are committed to continuing to develop materials that address the questions they will have in the months ahead.
Competition partner Charles Bankes continued: "This has been a truly international, collaborative effort from our teams here at the firm with lawyers from across our network helping clients from many jurisdictions to understand the likely implications and the steps they now need to consider.
Development of the resource was led by Mark Curtis and Charles Bankes, with further involvement of partners, associates and professional support staff from across the firm. More information, including contact details for the firm’s Brexit task force, is available on elexica.com, and via the firm’s website.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the Energy & Infrastructure market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. Simmons & Simmons’ dedicated online microsite on Brexit can be accessed through elexica.com: http://www.elexica.com/en/Resources/Microsite/Brexit
5. Contact details for the firm’s Brexit team, and the hotline, are available via this link
6. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
7. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email email@example.com