Firm Expands International Arbitration Group
14 Jul 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons expands its international arbitration group with the appointment of Stuart Dutson who will join the firm as a partner.*
Stuart will join the firm’s London office later this year from Eversheds, where he was a partner in their international arbitration group.
He has extensive experience in international arbitration having sat as an arbitrator and conducted international arbitrations in London, China/Hong Kong, Dubai, Stockholm, Africa, Belgium and Switzerland under the ICC LCIA, UNCITRAL, Swiss, CIETAC, DIAC, IATA and LME arbitration rules. Stuart’s expertise focuses particularly on investment disputes and those in the insurance, financial institutions and telecommunications sectors across the key, global trade and commerce markets including Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
Commenting on the appointment, partner and head of the firm’s dispute resolution group, Hans-Hermann Aldenhoff commented: “As international trade and commerce have grown, so too has the international arbitration market. Stuart’s arrival will add significant value to our arbitration practice across the firm, and the existing offering to our clients and their businesses, particularly across the global markets in which we operate.”
Partner and head of the firm’s dispute resolution group in the UK, Ian Hammond, continued: “This is an exciting hire for us. We have an excellent international arbitration practice, but the addition of Stuart will strengthen it still further. He is a major figure in the international arbitration community and will bring a wealth of experience.”
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals.
Notes to editors
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 207 825 3962 or at email@example.com
or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or firstname.lastname@example.org