Firm Awarded Best Regulatory Practice
01 Feb 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has been awarded Best Regulatory Practice at the 2016 Hedge Fund Journal Awards.
The awards ceremony took place at No 1 Lombard Street in London on 27 January 2016 with the award being accepted by representatives of the financial services regulatory team, including partners Darren Fox and Nicholas Colston. The awards celebrate firms who pioneer innovation, growth and excellence within the hedge fund industry. Awards were also presented in the areas of prime brokerage, client service, innovation and technology.
The firm was recognised for the breadth and depth of its international regulatory advisory practice, the thought leadership role that the practice plays for the hedge fund industry, and its market-leading work in helping hedge fund clients to deal with complex, cross-border regulation (including the recent implementation of changes to the Transparency Directive and preparations for MiFID 2).
Commenting on the firm’s approach which led to it winning this award, lead partner Darren Fox said: "This award is a testament to the expertise, market knowledge and dedication of the entire international financial services regulatory team which continues year-on-year to cement its market reputation as the 'go to' regulatory practice for the hedge fund sector."
Financial services partner Richard Perry continued: "We are delighted to receive recognition of our market leading regulatory expertise. Having a real in-depth understanding of the evolving regulatory regime is hugely important to our clients and is one of the many areas which we have developed over several years to provide leading expertise across the range of key issues for hedge fund managers."
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Simmons & Simmons has a highly specialised international asset management and investment funds team. We have experts in fund formation, financial services regulation, trading documentation (including prime brokerage and derivatives documentation), corporate structuring and transactions, litigation, taxation, ICT and employment regulation. We have an in-depth understanding of the asset management industry.
4. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
5. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 207 825 3962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 207 825 3764 or at email@example.com