Firm Advises Rex Bionics on AIM Fundraising
10 Aug 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has advised Rex Bionics Plc, the pioneer of the REX Robot technology that enhances the mobility of wheelchair users, on its AIM fundraising.
The fundraising is intended to sustain commercial momentum during a strategic re-positioning of the company and review of further funding opportunities. The fundraising includes a new investment in the company by Maxhealth Medicare Co. Ltd of China. The company also announced a new agreement with Dubai-based Amana Healthcare Care.
Simmons & Simmons has advised Rex Bionics since 2013, advising its predecessor Union Medtech plc on its £25.7m admission to AIM in May 2014 and immediate acquisition of Rex Bionics.
Commenting on the fundraising, corporate partner Charles Mayo, said: "Market conditions for life sciences companies are challenging. We are very pleased to have used our life sciences sector expertise and understanding of Rex Bionics’ objectives to help it successfully to complete this fundraising in challenging market conditions.
Crispin Simon, the Rex Bionics CEO, said: "Charles Mayo and the team from Simmons & Simmons supported us throughout and were always there with practical advice when we needed it. We were especially impressed with the integration of the input from the UK and Beijing
The Simmons & Simmons team was led by Charles Mayo supported by associate Ed Nisbet and assisted by US securities law partner, Julian Perlmutter and trainee Yeji Lee. Beijing-based partner Davis Wang and managing associate Melody Yang, and UK-based Lucia He, assisted with the People’s Republic of China aspects. The team worked in conjunction with the Rex Bionics company secretary, Keith Robinson, of Sherrards Solicitors.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the Energy & Infrastructure market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. The Simmons & Simmons dedicated online microsite on Brexit can be accessed through elexica.com: http://www.elexica.com/en/Resources/Microsite/Brexit
5. Contact details for the firm’s Brexit team, and the hotline, are available via this link
6. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
7. Our global life sciences team comprises over 120 lawyers as well as industry specialists with medical, pharmaceutical and other scientific qualifications based across Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
8. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 207 825 3962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email email@example.com