Advising BlueCrest on the Sale of the Majority of its Interest in Systematica Investments
23 Nov 2015
International law firm Simmons & Simmons is advising BlueCrest on the sale of the majority of its interest in Systematica Investments LP.
Systematica Investments LP, led by Leda Braga, was created following the spin out of BlueCrest’s systematic trading business earlier this year (on which Simmons & Simmons also acted). Following the signing of a definitive agreement last week, the majority of BlueCrest’s interest in Systematica Investments LP is to be sold (following the satisfaction of customary conditions) to Affiliated Managers Group, Inc. (AMG), a global asset management company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. AMG has equity investments in leading investment management firms around the globe and, as at 30 September 2015, had aggregate assets under management of approximately US$619 billion.
Notes to editors:
Commenting on the transaction, partner and head of the firm’s asset management and investment funds sector group, Colin Leaver said: "We are really pleased to have acted for BlueCrest on this complex transaction. We have been acting for BlueCrest since their launch in 2000, and are proud to have advised them on all of their major corporate transactions and to remain a part of the ongoing development of their business."
Paul Dehadray, General Counsel of BlueCrest, said: "BlueCrest are delighted to have announced the signing of the AMG deal and to be working yet again with Simmons & Simmons and its specialist lawyers on a significant and exciting transaction."
The Simmons & Simmons team was led by Colin Leaver, assisted by corporate partner Ania Rontaler and corporate associate Tom Fricke, tax partner Martin Shah who was assisted by tax associates Zoë Arnautov and Lizi Keaveny, funds partner Dev Saksensa, assisted by funds associate Art Markham and IP partner Adrian Smith who was assisted by IP associate Lydia Torne.
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. Simmons & Simmons has a highly specialised international asset management and investment funds team. We have experts in fund formation, financial services regulation, trading documentation (including prime brokerage and derivatives documentation), corporate structuring and transactions, litigation, taxation, ICT and employment regulation. We have an in-depth understanding of the asset management industry. We have recently been named ‘Leading Law Firm’ at the Hedge Fund Journal Awards 2015 for the fifth consecutive year.
5. For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3962 or at email@example.com
, or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or at firstname.lastname@example.org