Advising Macquarie Group on £250m+ Acquisition Financing and Securitisation
02 Apr 2015
International law firm Simmons & Simmons LLP has advised Macquarie Group's Commodities and Financial Markets group in connection with the acquisition by Bluestone Group of the UK mortgage lending and servicing platform, Basinghall Finance Ltd.
Macquarie provided the finance used by Bluestone Group to fund the acquisition in December 2014 and subsequently provided the structuring and distribution expertise in connection with two capital markets refinancings:
- an inaugural UK £250m public securitisation for Bluestone, Celeste Mortgage Funding 2015-1 plc, placed with European investors that priced in March 2015; and
- the repackaging and placement of two Net Interest Margin relating to two outstanding securitisations, placed in December 2014.
The Simmons & Simmons team was led by capital markets partner Michael Lorraine, assisted by Kate Cofman-Nicoresti, Annabel Rolls and Gizem Basaran. Corporate partners Isabella Roberts, Gideon Sharp and Mark Dewar advised on corporate and commercial regulatory matters, assisted by Danielle di Pietro, Sophie Lessar, Sally Booth and Tom Burgoo. Regulatory partner Penny Miller advised on financial regulatory matters, with tax partner Mark Sheiham advising on tax matters, assisted by Laura Allwright, and Real Estate partner, Iain Macfarlane, leading certain due diligence aspects from the firm’s Bristol office.
Notes to editors:
- We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
- Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp.
- Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
- The Simmons &Simmons securitisation and asset backed finance team acts on a wide variety of asset backed transactions. Further information can be found here.
- For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3962 or at email@example.com.