New partner joins funds practice in London
25 Feb 2014
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has appointed Dale Gabbert to its award-winning funds practice in London.
Dale will join from Reed Smith, where he currently heads the Investment Funds Group for Europe and the Middle East. He has over 16 years’ experience of advising funds, managers and investors.
Dale advises fund managers and financial institutions on the establishment and ongoing operations of all classes of alternative investment funds, including hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, credit funds and bespoke products. He also advises on joint ventures, seeding deals, the acquisition and disposal of fund managers and related investment management and regulatory issues.
Dale will focus on developing Simmons & Simmons’ private funds practice, which was strengthened by the appointment of partner David Williams 18 months ago. David joined from DLA Piper where he was Head of the Investment Funds team in the UK. Since David’s appointment, the private funds practice has grown significantly, attracting work from an expanding group of major private fund managers and institutional investors. His appointment comes in addition to several recent associate hires, and further recruitment is anticipated to take advantage of this burgeoning practice area.
Asset Management & Investment Funds Sector Head, Colin Leaver, said "Ours is the leading Asset Management & Investment Funds practice internationally and we continue to expand our offering to clients with targeted, quality appointments. In particular, Dale’s appointment will add further scale to our private funds practice, and we are looking forward to him joining this growing team".
Dale is named in Chambers UK 2014 as a notable practitioner and is described as "considered, commercial and very good in conflict situations".
Notes to editors:
- Simmons & Simmons has a highly specialised international Asset Management and Investment Funds team. Ranked stand-alone number 1 firm for hedge funds by Legal 500, Simmons & Simmons has one of the largest asset management practices, and the largest hedge fund practice in Europe. The firm has more than 30 partners in the London office alone advising the firm’s alternative asset management clients on a regular basis. The team acts for 37 of the top 50 European hedge fund managers, and for 16 of the top 20 US hedge fund managers.
- Simmons & Simmons has an alliance with US firm Seward & Kissel LLP for hedge fund and asset management work. The alliance combines the strength of preeminent hedge fund and asset management practices in London, New York and Hong Kong to offer a top tier combined service for hedge funds and their managers around the world. Clients have immediate access to full service hedge fund and asset management expertise: from fund formation and management, to all advisory services such as regulation, derivatives, corporate structures, tax, litigation, employment, IP, finance, government investigations and transactional services.
- We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
- Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp.
- Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
- For further information, please contact Daniela Conte, Senior Communications & PR Manager on +44 207 825 4411 or +44 7726 775 707 or at firstname.lastname@example.org