Simmons & Simmons Advises Mainstream Renewable Power on $1.4 billion Joint Venture in Chile
06 Aug 2013
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has advised Mainstream Renewable Power on its joint venture with pan-emerging markets investor Actis for delivering 600 megawatts of wind and solar projects in Chile.
The joint venture is 40% owned by Mainstream and 60% by Actis. Projects developed by Mainstream will be purchased by the joint venture. Mainstream will manage construction and operation of the projects.
Mainstream has been developing a portfolio of more than 3,500 megawatts of wind and solar projects in Chile, and has a global development pipeline of over 17,000 megawatts across four continents.
Barry Lynch, Head of Procurement & Project Delivery at Mainstream Renewable Power said: “This transaction is very important for Mainstream and the growth of our business. We chose Simmons & Simmons to represent us based on their broad knowledge and experience of complex JVs and this proved to be hugely important. We are very happy with the result and we look forward to working with them again.”
The Simmons & Simmons team was led by London partner Iain Duncan, assisted by London partners John Sayers and Ed Baker, London associates Gemma Baddeley, Lesley Olsen and Timothy Proudlock, and Chloe Morris.
Notes to editors:
- We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
- Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
- Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
- Simmons & Simmons’ Energy & Infrastructure team has long been recognised as a leader of renewable energy schemes, including both wind and solar projects. We assist both project developers and financiers in specialist legal areas including planning and consenting, construction, banking and finance, litigation, corporate, M&A projects, environmental and climate change on many of the most complex and multi-jurisdictional deals in the market.
- For further information, please contact Daniela Conte, Senior Communications & PR Manager on +44 207 825 4411 or +44 7726 775 707 or at email@example.com