Two New Sector Heads
14 May 2012
Simmons & Simmons Appoints Two New Sector Heads
Simmons & Simmons has appointed Corporate partner Colin Leaver to lead its newly established Asset Management & Investment Funds Sector.
Asset management clients were previously part of the firm’s Financial Institutions Sector, and the new sector was established in order to give these clients a greater focus. The new sector will focus on five sub-sectors: hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate & infrastructure funds, institutional managers and sovereign wealth funds & other lead investors.
In theTelecoms, Media & Technology (TMT) Sector, Corporate partner Andrew McMillan has been appointed as the new Head. The TMT Sector Head role was previously held by partner Tom Wheadon, who will continue to focus full time on fee earning work.
Simmons & Simmons Managing Partner Jeremy Hoyland, said: ‘‘I would like to thank Tom for his leadership of the TMT Sector, and I look forward to working with Colin and Andrew in their new roles leading their sectors.’’
‘‘Our sector strategy lies at the heart of our business. By focusing on a small number of key sectors, our lawyers better demonstrate their understanding of our clients and can tailor our services to anticipate their specific needs,’’ he added.
The appointments are effective from 01 May 2012.
Notes to editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. Visit our website at www.simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at www.elexica.com.
4. Recognised by the legal directories and the industry as being one of the leading firms in the Asset Management & Investment Funds sector, we advise hedge funds, private equity funds, Sovereign Wealth funds, real estate and infrastructure funds and institutional managers. The team has expertise on the full range of legal and regulatory issues for asset management firms of all types internationally. We advise 37 of the top 60 European hedge fund managers and 13 of the top 20 US hedge fund managers.
5. The firm currently acts for eight of the world’s top 20 technology companies, ten of the world’s top 15 telecoms operators, and five of the world’s top 12 media companies. “Sources praise its bench of [TMT] sector and technical experts, noting their success in keeping up with industry developments." Chambers Europe 2011
6. For further information, please contact Daniela Conte, Senior Communications & PR Manager on +44 207 825 4411 or +44 7726 775 707 or at email@example.com