Simmons & Simmons is embedded in the international financial and regulatory community. We understand the products our Financial Institutions clients deal with, the time constraints they experience and the regulatory pressures they are under and use this to provide clients with tailored, commercial and cost-effective advice. We work with our longstanding clients across the full range of legal specialties including complex structured finance work, cross-jurisdictional regulatory projects, highly sensitive employment issues and valuable disputes matters.
The Financial Institutions sector is the largest sector of the firm and the work we do for clients in this area is at the core of our business. We are recognised for our track record of innovation and the adoption of new technologies to continually improve the way we deliver our services. Our clients choose us to help them navigate the ever changing legal and regulatory landscape.
Some of our key strength highlights include:
- Over 30 of the world’s Top 50 banks have trusted us with instructions in the last year
- Shortlisted for Finance Team of the Year and Insurance Team of the Year at the Legal Business Awards 2015
- Shortlisted at The Lawyer Awards 2015 for Funds Team of the Year and Regulatory Team of the Year
- Named Best Trade Finance Firm in Asia Pacific at the GTR Asia Leaders in Trade Awards 2015
- Named Competition and Regulatory Team of the Year at the 2015 Corporate Counsel Middle East Awards
- Awarded Financial Services Tax Team of the Year - UK at the 2015 International M&A Awards
- Shortlisted in three categories at Legal Week's Legal Innovation Awards 2015: Future of Legal Services Innovation; Next Generation Innovation and Pro Bono Innovation
- Awarded ‘Most Innovative Law Firm in Dispute Resolution’ at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards 2014. The firm has previously won the award in this category twice, in 2010 and 2011
- Insurance team of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2014
- Employment Law Firm of the Year at the Macallan ALB Hong Kong Awards 2013
- Shortlisted for the IFLR European Awards 2013 for Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year and Financial Regulation Team of the Year