Simmons & Simmons is embedded in the international financial and regulatory community. We understand the products our Financial Institutions clients deal with, the time constraints they experience and the regulatory pressures they are under and use this to provide clients with tailored, commercial and cost-effective advice. We work with our longstanding clients across the full range of legal specialties including complex structured finance work, cross-jurisdictional regulatory projects, highly sensitive employment issues and valuable disputes matters.
The Financial Institutions sector is the largest sector of the firm and the work we do for clients in this area is at the core of our business. We are recognised for our track record of innovation and the adoption of new technologies to continually improve the way we deliver our services. Our clients choose us to help them navigate the ever changing legal and regulatory landscape.
Some of our key strength highlights include:
- 33 of the world’s top 50 banks have trusted us with instructions in the last year
- Winner of the Silver Award for European Law Firm of the Year at the International Legal Alliance Awards 2012
- Best Specialised Financial Litigation Team 2012 in the 12th edition of the Décideurs Trophées du Droit European Tax awards 2013
- European Financial Services Tax team of the year – International Tax Review’s European Tax Awards 2013
- Employment Law Firm of the Year – Macallan ALB Hong Kong Awards 2013
- Shortlisted for the IFLR European Awards 2013 for Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year and Financial Regulation Team of the Year
- Highly commended amongst the Most Innovative Firms for Corporate Law and Client Service and Commended for Value Resourcing and Dispute Resolution in the FT Innovative Lawyers Report 2013
- Winner of the Acquisition International 2012 legal award for UK Competition Law Firm of the Year
- Shortlisted for Finance Team of the Year for the Legal Business Awards 2013