Established in 1988, Simmons & Simmons Paris is strongly established as one of France’s leading law firms. The firm is recognised for the top quality of its legal and tax expertise and its in-depth knowledge of key industry sectors, allowing it to provide a comprehensive legal service to French and international clients on all aspects of French, English, German, EU law and also on the law of some twenty African countries.
advising the subsidiary of a French bank on the acquisition of a minority shareholding in a Ghanaian bank
- advising a Dutch banking group on the sale of its French private banking business
- providing equity financing advice to an on-line travel service company
- advising an Indian listed pharmaceutical group on the acquisition of the French subsidiary of an American pharmaceutical laboratory
- advising the shareholders of a company running a specialised watch and jewellery retail network on its disposal to a major French department store
- advising a German industrial group on the acquisition of foundry material businesses in several European countries.
- assisting senior and mezzanine lenders on the financing of an LBO of an industrial group specialised in surface coverings
- assisting a US based consumer credit institution with legal aspects of their consumer credit activities in France
- advising a major French banking group on a syndicated multi-currency revolving credit facility for a Belgian group
- advising a European banking pool on the tax lease financing of two Airbuses A340-300 for a Tahitian airline
- advising the arranger on the sale and lease back of industrial assets owned by a French group in Germany, Switzerland, France and Poland.
- advising a sovereign on its debut eurobond issue
- advising a French EPIC on the establishment of its EMTN
- advising a French CAC 40 company on the forward sale for participation in another CAC 40 company
- advising a French bank on its first synthetic CDO
- advising a German bank on the issue of ORANE (bonds redeemable in shares) for a French CAC 40 company
- advising a French company (originator) on a pan-European securitisation of trade receivables.
Funds and investment services
- setting up alternative investment management companies in France
- approval of UCITS listed outside EEA.
- advising the sponsor on the project and financing documentation for the first independent power and water desalination plant in Algeria
- advising the sponsor of two mining projects in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- advising foreign investors on setting up a wind farm in France.
- advising pharmaceutical laboratories on product liability (drugs and medical devices)
- advising a foreign insurance company in an action for breach of contract against the subscriber of an audio-visual multi-risk insurance contract
- defending several food manufacturers in product liability and unfair competition actions
- advising and assisting directors, managers and financial institutions in white collar crime allegations.
- drafting distribution, commercial and promotional co-operation agreements for food manufacturers.
drafting and advising on franchise contracts and general conditions of sale for cosmetic products
- ongoing advice on trade mark clearance matters and on regulations applicable to the labelling and advertising of alcoholic beverages and tobacco
- assistance to and representation of a company regarding the transfer of a software licence following a merger.
Tax / Employee incentive schemes
- refinancing industrial assets for a major French industrial group involving several jurisdictions
- tax structuring for foreign hedge funds.
- advising on the modification of a 35 hours agreement.
implementing a mass redundancy scheme in an investment bank
- assisting an American group in litigation before the Labour Court relating to a claim of sexual harassment by an employee.
- advising on the restructuring and recovery plan of a group in bankruptcy proceedings and general day-to-day assistance to the management of the group
- assisting the management with debt and equity restructuring for the financing of a branding group acquisition.
- setting up a Pan European property fund.
NB: We are precluded from disclosing client names under the Paris Bar Code