Zoë regularly provides tax advice on a variety of matters, including in relation to fund and asset manager launches and restructurings, share acquisitions and disposals, corporate fund raisings and borrowings, private equity structures and investments and cross border taxation and structuring. She also frequently advises banks in relation to their lending (in particular real estate finance) and equity capital markets work.
In the asset management sphere Zoë’s practice covers the full spectrum of work from advising management businesses on their structuring, advising on the acquisition and disposal of stakes in investment management businesses, analysing the UK offshore fund position of complex fund structures and reviewing the suitability of potential fund investments for particular classes of investor.
In 2015 Zoë spent six months on secondment to the central EMEA tax team at Macquarie Group, advising on a wide range of transactions across multiple sectors. She has written articles for a number of business and technical journals, most recently on the UK’s offshore funds regime.
- Recent Work
- advising OGCI Climate Investments LLP in relation to a $1bn collaborative investment fund designed to tackle climate change on a global scale involving several of the world’s biggest oil and gas companies
- advising Stifel Nicolaus Europe Limited on the admission of Oxford BioDynamics to AIM and the placing of 12,658,228 Ordinary Shares at 158 pence per share, giving it a market capitalisation of around £136m
- advising Future plc on the acquisition of Miura (Holdings) Ltd, the holding company and ultimate parent company of Imagine Publishing Limited for a total consideration of approximately 179 million new Future shares, representing £14.2m
- advising Fanatics, a US based $3.1bn sports apparel retailer, on its £11.55m acquisition of sports apparel retailer, Kitbag, from London Stock Exchange listed online retailer Findel
- advising BlueCrest on the sale of the majority of its interest in Systematica Investments LP (including advice on tax protection given on sale and coordination of the disclosure process)
- advising Orion Resource Partners and a consortium of investors in relation to the acquisition of Anglo American Norte S.A (comprising Chilean copper mines) - work included structuring advice, UK tax analysis and coordination between advisers across borders and disciplines
- advising Macquarie Capital Group in relation to principal investments in third party private equity funds
- advising British Land in relation to a number of its joint ventures and related securitisations, most recently in connection with the establishment of Broadgate REIT Limited, through which British Land’s joint venture with GIC relating to Broadgate is carried on, and the refurbishment of the Broadgate Circle.
Now developing the UK tax practice in Bristol, Zoë qualified into Corporate Tax in 2007 after completing her training contract at Simmons & Simmons and became a managing associate in 2014. Before converting to law she studied English at Cambridge University and has also studied Czech at Charles University in Prague.