Zixiang has extensive experience in private and retail funds, including onshore and offshore private equity funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds, infrastructure funds, hedge funds and ETFs. He also advises corporate and institutional clients and tertiary institutions on their investment into private funds.
Zixiang also has experience advising asset managers who are seeking to establish their business in Singapore on various legal and regulatory issues, including registration and licensing requirements for carrying on their fund management business, as well as related ongoing regulatory and compliance matters.
Zixiang also advises asset managers and other financial institutions on share disclosure requirements under Singapore law.
He was recently recognised as a "Rising Star" for Investment Funds in Singapore in the Expert Guides - LMG Rising Stars 2017.
- Recent Work
- advising numerous Singapore based asset managers on the establishment of their Singapore or Cayman Islands domiciled closed-end funds
- advising various Singapore based asset managers on the establishment of their Cayman Islands domiciled open-ended funds
- advising various domestic and foreign asset managers in the establishment and licensing or registration of their fund management operations in Singapore as well as ongoing regulatory and compliance matters
- advising various foreign asset managers on their marketing activities, in particular, the requirements and conditions for licensing and registration of their collective investment schemes for offers in Singapore
- advising institutional clients and a tertiary institution on their investments into private funds
- advising a corporate client on its investment into an asset manager
- advising various asset managers on share disclosure requirements under Singapore law.
Zixiang was admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2015. He was formerly from a leading “big four” domestic law firm in Singapore where he also specialised in investment funds and regulatory work.
Zixiang has also contributed an article to the Expert Guides – Banking, Finance and Transactional Law 2016.